Sunday, April 29, 2012

Snacks

One of the hardest parts of the belly fat cure for me is snacking.  I will say a lot of the time I don't need a snack but when I do I feel I only have a few options.

1. nuts
2. cheese
3. beef jerky (low sugar of course)
4. cheez-its (if I haven't had too many carbs earlier in the day)

I kind of get tired of the same things over and over.  Today I was craving a snack and wanting something a little different.  I took a handful of shredded mozzarella cheese and put it into the oven at 450 degrees.  I baked it for about 15 minutes and let it cool for 5. Crispy, cheesey, goodness.  I can't think of many things that are greater than melted cheese.




Anyone else have good ideas for other snacks?



4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:21 PM CDT

    You can put some pepperoni in the microwave or oven and cook it until crisp...yum. Also, you can make any version of the minute muffin as a quick snack. The chocolate version is really more like a chocolate cupcake without the icing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what version of the chocolate minute muffin do you make? I tried the regular minute muffin a couple of times and I just didn't like it.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8:31 AM CDT

    I don't like the regular minute muffin, either. I use it as a template to make a variety of different flavors. Usually when I make the chocolate minute muffin I add in cocoa powder, a little extra sweetener to offset the cocoa powder, and some mini chocolate chips.

    Here's the link for the minute muffin post on my blog. People give ideas for variations of the muffin in the comment section. There's also a link in the post for the Kind of Like Bread Pudding version of the minute muffin, which is really good!

    http://glutenfreelosingweight.blogspot.com/2012/03/mint-chocolate-chip-minute-muffin.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to get coconut flour. I've tried looking for it before but I'm assuming Whole Foods must have it.

      Delete