Monday, April 23, 2012

Doing Better

Yesterday I was able to get out of my funk.  Thanks for the encouraging words! Chris and I went to a new church yesterday with his friend and I connected right away with the church.  Our beloved pastor left our church family in September and the connection there hasn't been the same since he left.  I just knew right away last night that we found our new church home.  It was a great feeling. 

After church Chris went on a run with me.  I did much better! I ran the whole 2.7 miles without stopping but it was still a struggle! Baby steps.

Tonight we went to a meeting to meet the team in training folks.  I am very encouraged after talking with past runners.  Also I got the training schedule for May and it's all 2 and 3 mile runs so I know I have a month to really build my base.  That was a huge relief!

I went over my carbs today because we went to pizza tonight.  I only ate 2 pieces but I know it was probably more then 40 grams.

On another note a few of my family members are going through some medical issues right now so if you're the praying kind please keep them in your prayers.

Another side note...I'm watching Fantasy Factory right now...so funny!!!!!



3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:48 AM CDT

    It's so important to feel like you belong somewhere in life. I'm glad you found a church where you feel like you belong. So sorry to hear about your family members struggling with medical issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Hopefully everyones test will come back fine!

      Delete
  2. Sounds awesome - so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete