Friday, April 20, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Pizza with a Cauliflower Crust

One of my favorite recipes that I have discovered on the BFC is cauliflower pizza.  I have read about the cauliflower crust on many blogs (such as Purple Rosy and Me & Jorge)

Here is my version:

First put a head of cauliflower through a food processor.  If you don't have a food processor I've heard you can user a grater to shred it.  Make sure to use the stems as well (not the leaves).

CRUST
1 cup of shredded cauliflower
1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese -I use the thicker shreds now but I've tried both and the thin sheds work too
1 egg

1. Preheat the oven to 450
2. Heat the cauliflower in the microwave for about 1 min. 30 seconds
3. Fold a dish towel in thirds and pour the cauliflower onto the dish towel then fold the towel over the cauliflower and squeeze out as much moisture from the cauliflower as possible.
4. Mix the cauliflower in a bowl with the mozzarella and egg.
5. Spread the mixture onto parchment paper on a baking sheet.  Using a fork spread the mixture as thin as possible without any holes into the shape of a pizza crust (rectangular or circular)
6. Bake for about 15 in the over

TOPPINGS
Options:
Buffalo Chicken
Pepperoni
Sausage
Pesto
Tomato Sauce (low sugar)
Goat Cheese
Shredded Cheese
Spinach
Artichokes
Tomatoes
Whatever Makes You Happy (that's low sugar and low carb)

1. Add your favorite toppings then bake for another 10 minutes.

For my pizza I added a little pesto sauce (from Sam's Club), chicken that I pre-cooked in Frank's Buffalo Sauce,and more mozzarella cheese on top. 

This was soooo delicious!!!  It's also very filling so sometimes I only eat half and save the other half for later.

The only complaints are that my boyfriend thinks the house smells terrible from steaming the cauliflower in the microwave. Oh well!




5 comments:

  1. Hi there! I just added your blog to my roll. Love the cauliflower pizza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thanks. I've been following you for a little while now. Love some of your recipes : ) Especially the chocolate ones.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Tiffany! As you have noticed, Chocolate is a big weak spot of mine, so I find it important to have some good alternatives for when the craving hits.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good! I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete