Saturday, June 9, 2012

Michael

I want to say sorry for my absence.  I'm not giving up on blogging but I've been on a roller coaster ride of emotions in the past month and it's been difficult to find time to blog. I first had such great news to share when I got engaged a month ago. And then I got really bad news.

About 3 weeks ago I got news that my brother, Michael, was headed to the ER to get checked out for some pains and problems he had been having for a while.  We thought he was going in for kidney stones or an infection, or something along those lines.  The next day I got a call that he didn't have stones and that he might have cancer.  It was one of the scariest calls I've ever received.  I booked a ticket a few days later to be there with him and his wife in San Diego.  We were still waiting on the biopsy results so we were just trying to enjoy our time together and act like everything was normal (as much as we could).  Besides the fact that he's lost about 40 pounds, walks very slowly, and is in a lot of pain he was acting like himself.  He's still a total smart ass, makes a joke out of everything, and is super stubborn.

After I returned from San Diego we got the call that the doctor's confirmed that Michael had stage IV cancer.  It's a very rare cancer called Desmoplastic Small Round Cell Tumor.  He's young and a fighter so I think he can kick cancer's butt. I have all the faith that he is in God's hands.  With all that said I've been a total wreck the past few days.  Training for this marathon has taken on a whole new meaning for me.  If you can donate to my fundraiser please do it for Michael. Thanks!


Me and Michael in San Diego May 2012





2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:40 PM CDT

    I'm so sorry to hear about this, Tiffany. Hugs to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sad for you and hour brother. Keep us posted, and keep taking care of yourself, too!

    ReplyDelete