Monday, May 7, 2012

So much has happened....

I had a pretty big weekend! 

Saturday I woke up at the crack of dawn to go to my first group run.  It was so great to meet a lot of the people on my TNT.  Some very inspiring stories of why people are out there running.  One guy lost his daughter to a blood cancer, another person's father in law passed from it, and another person's husband has it.  Makes me proud to be training for a reason other than my own goals.  I thought our first run was going to be easy but they had us go the whole loop around the lakes which is 4 miles. I was not ready for that.  About half way through I had to let my running partner go ahead and I walked/ran the second half of the run.  I was spent!!!!! I was also exhausted by lunch time and took a 2 hour nap instead of eating lunch.

Speaking of food I have not behaved at all!!!! But I know I need to get on board especially since I'm training.  Which brings up another point.  Our trainer specifically said to not go on a low carb diet.  I know Amber is completely grain free while she trains for a half marathon but I admit I'm questioning the BFC while I train.

Sunday was pretty uneventful until about 8:30 PM when this happened...


I GOT ENGAGED!!!!! I'm so happy and blessed!  This blog will now probably include some wedding planning entries as well.

I will say this inspires me even more to lose weight.  I want to feel confident on my wedding day (which I'm hoping happens this year).  I have been debating joining weight watchers again b/c I have been so successful on weight watchers.  I just hate the thought of tracking so many different components of everything I eat.  I would just love a personal chef that cooks delicious and nutritious meals that didn't require me to think at all.  A girl can dream....





4 comments:

  1. I am so happy for y'all!!! Love you both very much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:13 PM CDT

    Congratulations! How exciting for you. :)

    ReplyDelete